Ronkini Gupta, a Hindustani Classical Vocal exponent, is known for her, versatile style, pitch-perfect sweetness, and prowess, where she smoothly switches between singing pure khayal and playback. Having trained under exponents from the Gwalior and Kirana Gharana, her style of rendition is a combination of both blended with her own unique expression.
From being a winner of Saregamapa in 2004 to being nominated twice for the coveted Filmfare Award for best playback singer in 2018 and 2019, she is a rare artist who has won accolades in both traditional and mainstream performance platforms. Her foray into fusion was also rewarded by Artist Aloud awards twice in 2016 and 2017 for her band, The Kheyaal E Jazz Projekt.
Ronkini Gupta Ji will be conducting a live masterclass on LivDemy, and here’s what she’ll be covering in the masterclass
- Design thinking (methods to use Alankaars and create patterns and combinations)
- Going beyond the technique to explore “Bhaav” (usage of nuances and techniques to build bhaav)
- Techniques to boost imagination – inculcate the process of thinking and executing simultaneously.
- Understanding rhythm is important to variate.
- Notating and ear training.
Click here to learn more about the workshop